Gallery Exhibit Submission Requirements
Submission Requirements for Open Juried Art Shows:
Things go much more smoothly for our volunteers when artwork entries are properly prepared in advance of registration. For
artwork to be hung in the Wickford Art Association’s Gallery, it must comply with the following general specifications:
- Maximum width: 44 inches (including frame)
- Maximum height: 44 inches (including frame)
- Diptychs and triptychs are not accepted.
- Work (other than sculpture) must be framed and wired for hanging. Push-in clips, loops and saw-tooth hangers are not acceptable for hanging. Metal picture frames can be fitted with stable clips that have picture- hanging wire attached. The gallery cannot accept work that is not prepared to these specifications.
- Sculpture and assemblages must be easily moveable.
- All work must be recent–within the last 3 years–and must not have been shown at a previous juried show at our gallery.
- Work not accepted must be picked up the Friday or Saturday after show registration. PLEASE TAKE NOTE… Storage Fee for work not promptly picked up. Due to the cramped conditions of our back room, there will be a $5.00 storage fee for each unaccepted work left at the
gallery past the pickup dates. Fees collected go to support the Wickford Art Association Scholarship Fund.
- Artwork accepted must remain hanging at the gallery until the show ends, typically Thursday.
- Please have a title and sales price prepared for each submitted work (unless you choose to make the work
not-for-sale). It is recommended that you label the back of each work with your name, phone number, medium, title
of the work and sales price (if you are selling it) before bringing it in for submission.
Additional show-specific information shall be announced when each show is advertised (such as number of entries, cost/entry, etc.). Please note, entry fees are not refundable. Check the announcements on the home page of this website when the show of interest is publicized or call or email the gallery for more information.
Thanks for taking the time to meet specifications–we really appreciate it! Please contact the gallery for details regarding WAA Three Artist-Member Show Specifications.
The Wickford Art Association reserves the right to refuse work that doesn’t conform to these specifications. Additionally, the Wickford Art Association will not be responsible for loss or damage to artwork. Artists should carry their own insurance. Artwork sold at a show at the Wickford Art Association gallery is subject to commission (payable to the Wickford Art Association): 30% WAA members, 40% non-members.